PayPal

form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" target="_top">
Painting sizes

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Giant Hibiscus Daily Floral Oils by Patty Ann Sykes

Patty Ann Sykes
 Giant Hibiscus ©Patty Sykes 10x10 Oil on Raymar Panel

The hibiscus flower is the national flower
of South Korea, Malaysia and Haiti.  In the 
Philippines the hibiscus is used by children 
as part of a bubble making pastime.  The hibiscus
is traditionally worn by Tahitian and Hawaiian girls.
If the flower is worn behind the left ear, the woman
is marred or in a relationship.  If the flower is worn
on the right, she is single or openly available.  It is 
also the state flower of Hawaii.  The first time I saw
a hibiscus, it was growing on tree in Hawaii and they
were so beautiful.  Now, I have the same flower
growing in my backyard.   I hope you enjoy! 



Thanks for viewing my art
To see more of my art,

And have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment